Skip to main content

Book review: Two can keep a secret by Karen M. McManus

 I have waited so long for a chance to get my hands on this book as I have heard so many good reviews about it.  As soon as I heard about this book, I went to my library website to see if I could check it out, it turns out that about 7 other people had the same idea I did!  I was NOT going to wait about 7 weeks for that book so my original plan was to wait for the line out and request it when the book got a bit older, however, that was not needed because a friend happened to have a copy of Two can keep a secret and I borrowed it as soon as possible.  I am SO glad I read this book it is honestly one of the best mysteries I have ever read (along with Agatha Christie mysteries).  However, I am giving it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐out of 5 stars because the first few chapters were VERY slow let me tell you I was actually regretting getting this book but I powered through the lameness, and once you get to about chapter 5 things start to fall into place and get interesting (trust me!).  Another con about the book was that there were a lot of characters and sometimes I forgot who one person was and I had to go back and read once in a while.  But, enough cons let's get to the good parts of this book and why you SHOULD read it.  So, the main characters in this book are Ellery and Malcolm as both of them have their own sections and perspectives.  Ellery along with her twin brother Ezra is staying at her grandma's house because her mom whose name is Sadie is in a rehab facility.  Sadie's twin sister Sarah vanished at age 17 in the town Ellery is currently staying in and 5 years ago homecoming queen Lacey Kilduff was murdered.  Malcolm is the brother of Declan who was suspected to be the murderer of Lacey, so when another homecoming queen goes missing, Malcolm is put in the same spot as his older brother Declan was 5 years earlier.  This book was very suspenseful and it had a ton of action in it, it also had a twist ending (you won't believe who the murderer was!) but at the end, all the ropes tie together to leave one thrilling mystery story.   Thank you for reading this review and if you are looking into mystery books READ THIS BOOK.

Two can keep a secret on GoodReads: CLICK HERE

Two can keep a secret in Indigo: CLICK HERE

More about the author: karenmcmanus.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start a Blog

Today I am going to be sharing tips for people that want to start a Blog.  Let's get going! 1. decide what platform you want to use to Blog: a few platforms for blogging are Blogger (the one I use), Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix. All links are posted at the bottom of the Blog for you to check out and review. 2. Writing:  One of my biggest tips for starting a blog is DO NOT WRITE AN INTRO BLOG.  Instead, write your first Blog about something you are interested in and want to tell other people about, or even just write a tutorial Blog.  Also, be patient- it may take weeks, months, or years for people to find you.  If you wish, you can also get a text editor such as Grammarly or Wordtune and I will link both editors at the bottom of the Blog. 3. Help people find your Blogs:  Make another social media account for you to share your Blogs on such as Twitter or Facebook.  This method helps- I use it all the time. 4. Comments:  If you would not like to ...

Book review: Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner

Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner is a heartbreaking but fascinating memoir in which she writes about the connection between her and her mother, her youth, and the power of food and cooking. In the memoir, Zauner recalls treasured memories of her youth and describes her life in her childhood as a Korean American and now as an adult.  She also brings Korean dishes to life and describes the taste and smell of each and every one of the childhood Korean dishes she enjoyed and now making them as an adult to remember her mother who passed away due to cancer reasons.  Crying in h mart was one of the saddest memoirs I have ever read but in the memoir, you see what it is like growing up with a Korean mother and a Caucasian father and you discover traditional Korean dishes. I feel like you would understand the author's situation better if you were in her situation before or went through a similar situation as she did.  This book has funny and joyful family gatherings, grieving or...