Skip to main content

Journalling tips for beginners (❁´◡`❁)

 Journalling is fun and a relaxing way to unwind after a long day!  You can jot down feelings, the weather, what you did, and whatever you feel like saying!   Here are some tips to get you started.

1.  The proper journal/diary: Your journal does not have to be fancy, however, I usually try to pick out aesthetically pleasing journals just because I find them better to write in 😊.  I also personalize my journals by putting stickers or doodling on the cover.  

2. How to start:  You can just start writing by putting the date and the weather then write about your day.  If you prefer, you can begin your entry by writing "dear diary."

3.  Example entry:  Here is an example entry that I wrote for this blog:

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Dear Diary,

Today it is cloudy and gloomy outside.  This morning I went shopping and bought some groceries.  I plan on doing some artwork after dinner today.  I am still mad at Rhea for dropping the tray down the stairs.

4.  The digital option:  although I personally prefer writing my entries on paper, you can also have an online diary!  Here are some links:

https://penzu.com/:  Penzu is a 100% private and customizable online diary loved by over 2 million writers worldwide!

https://www.monkkee.com/en/: Monkkee is a secure encrypted online diary website where you can access your diary VIA the internet.

https://journey.cloud/:  Journey is a customizable diary that is available on Google Play, the Chrome Web Store, the Apple store, and many more!

More links:  Here are some diary-selling websites:

https://www.sorta.la/collections/notebinders

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/home/search/?keywords=diary#internal=1

https://www.thepaperstore.com/c/journals

Happy journalling 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start a Blog

Today I am going to be sharing tips for people that want to start a Blog.  Let's get going! 1. decide what platform you want to use to Blog: a few platforms for blogging are Blogger (the one I use), Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix. All links are posted at the bottom of the Blog for you to check out and review. 2. Writing:  One of my biggest tips for starting a blog is DO NOT WRITE AN INTRO BLOG.  Instead, write your first Blog about something you are interested in and want to tell other people about, or even just write a tutorial Blog.  Also, be patient- it may take weeks, months, or years for people to find you.  If you wish, you can also get a text editor such as Grammarly or Wordtune and I will link both editors at the bottom of the Blog. 3. Help people find your Blogs:  Make another social media account for you to share your Blogs on such as Twitter or Facebook.  This method helps- I use it all the time. 4. Comments:  If you would not like to ...

Book review: Two can keep a secret by Karen M. McManus

  I have waited so long for a chance to get my hands on this book as I have heard so many good reviews about it.  As soon as I heard about this book, I went to my library website to see if I could check it out, it turns out that about 7 other people had the same idea I did!  I was NOT going to wait about 7 weeks for that book so my original plan was to wait for the line out and request it when the book got a bit older, however, that was not needed because a friend happened to have a copy of Two can keep a secret and I borrowed it as soon as possible.  I am SO glad I read this book it is honestly one of the best mysteries I have ever read (along with Agatha Christie mysteries).  However, I am giving it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐out of 5 stars because the first few chapters were VERY slow let me tell you I was actually regretting getting this book but I powered through the lameness, and once you get to about chapter 5 things start to fall into place and get interesting (trust me!)....

Book review: Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner

Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner is a heartbreaking but fascinating memoir in which she writes about the connection between her and her mother, her youth, and the power of food and cooking. In the memoir, Zauner recalls treasured memories of her youth and describes her life in her childhood as a Korean American and now as an adult.  She also brings Korean dishes to life and describes the taste and smell of each and every one of the childhood Korean dishes she enjoyed and now making them as an adult to remember her mother who passed away due to cancer reasons.  Crying in h mart was one of the saddest memoirs I have ever read but in the memoir, you see what it is like growing up with a Korean mother and a Caucasian father and you discover traditional Korean dishes. I feel like you would understand the author's situation better if you were in her situation before or went through a similar situation as she did.  This book has funny and joyful family gatherings, grieving or...