Skip to main content

Book review: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

 I have not done a book review in a long time, but I am back!  This time, I will review "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien- a classic and an old book first published in 1937.  I am going to give this book a 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ just because this book was very gripping and each chapter leaves you on a cliff-hanger to keep you turning the pages.

The story is based on a Hobbit named Bilbo Baggins who gets pulled into a plot and adventure to raid the treasure of Smaug The Magnificant by Gandalf the wizard and a group of dwarves.  Along the way, they pass through many problems and side trackers such as Trolls, Elves, Goblins, and many more exciting adventures.  It is really suspenseful and thrilling to see the whole story unfold and the author also delivers a good ending.  This book is sort of the intro to the Lord Of The Rings series and I would recommend reading The Hobbit before you start the Lord Of The Rings series just because from my understanding, you will already be familiar with some of the characters.  But overall, I would recommend anyone to read The Hobbit although I would say this book is a bit violent at times, and in my opinion, the age rating of this book would be 12+ or a bit younger, it all depends on the maturity.  I hope you enjoyed this book review and stay tuned for more Blogs!

LINKS: The Hobbit on GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5907.The_Hobbit?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=8h6gIiDgtN&rank=1 The Hobbit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-J-R-R-Tolkien/dp/0618968636/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3EWDYHMLQ6E2Z&keywords=the+hobbit&qid=1674165187&sprefix=the+hobbit%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-4  Get the Hobbit at Indigo: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-hobbit-international-edition/9780261102217-item.html?ikwid=the+hobbit&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0#algoliaQueryId=4a121c2c67232ec225c24f7d6642d10b

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start a Blog

Today I am going to be sharing tips for people that want to start a Blog.  Let's get going! 1. decide what platform you want to use to Blog: a few platforms for blogging are Blogger (the one I use), Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix. All links are posted at the bottom of the Blog for you to check out and review. 2. Writing:  One of my biggest tips for starting a blog is DO NOT WRITE AN INTRO BLOG.  Instead, write your first Blog about something you are interested in and want to tell other people about, or even just write a tutorial Blog.  Also, be patient- it may take weeks, months, or years for people to find you.  If you wish, you can also get a text editor such as Grammarly or Wordtune and I will link both editors at the bottom of the Blog. 3. Help people find your Blogs:  Make another social media account for you to share your Blogs on such as Twitter or Facebook.  This method helps- I use it all the time. 4. Comments:  If you would not like to ...

Book review: Two can keep a secret by Karen M. McManus

  I have waited so long for a chance to get my hands on this book as I have heard so many good reviews about it.  As soon as I heard about this book, I went to my library website to see if I could check it out, it turns out that about 7 other people had the same idea I did!  I was NOT going to wait about 7 weeks for that book so my original plan was to wait for the line out and request it when the book got a bit older, however, that was not needed because a friend happened to have a copy of Two can keep a secret and I borrowed it as soon as possible.  I am SO glad I read this book it is honestly one of the best mysteries I have ever read (along with Agatha Christie mysteries).  However, I am giving it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐out of 5 stars because the first few chapters were VERY slow let me tell you I was actually regretting getting this book but I powered through the lameness, and once you get to about chapter 5 things start to fall into place and get interesting (trust me!)....

Book review: Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner

Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner is a heartbreaking but fascinating memoir in which she writes about the connection between her and her mother, her youth, and the power of food and cooking. In the memoir, Zauner recalls treasured memories of her youth and describes her life in her childhood as a Korean American and now as an adult.  She also brings Korean dishes to life and describes the taste and smell of each and every one of the childhood Korean dishes she enjoyed and now making them as an adult to remember her mother who passed away due to cancer reasons.  Crying in h mart was one of the saddest memoirs I have ever read but in the memoir, you see what it is like growing up with a Korean mother and a Caucasian father and you discover traditional Korean dishes. I feel like you would understand the author's situation better if you were in her situation before or went through a similar situation as she did.  This book has funny and joyful family gatherings, grieving or...