Skip to main content

Book review: 90 days of different by Eric Walters

 Today's book review is on 90 Days Of Different by Canadian author, Eric Walters.  It turned out to be another one of my favorite reads (I just finished it today) and I highly recommend it to tweens, teens, and adults.  However, I am giving it 4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐ because I found that some of the events were slightly boring to me and this book also contains some drinking scenes.

90 Days Of Different follows 18-year-old Sophie Evans.  The book starts out on her last day of high school when her boyfriend breaks up with her because she is too dull- too ordinary.  After she broke up with her boyfriend, her friend Ella wants her to try to do 90 days of things that she would not normally do- to get her out of her comfort bubble.  Along the way, she documents her different days on social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.  You see Sophie changing as the story moves on and by the time you are at day 90, you will notice how many changes have happened to not only her, but the people surrounding her.  What I love about this book is the feeling that you are there with Sophie, and that you get an inside look at her life and her inside feelings which are often mixed.

That is a very brief review without spoilers about 90 Days Of Different.  As I already said, I would recommend that tweens, teens, and adults read this book- it is very inspiring and makes you feel like you can do anything. PS: The cover of the book was very visually appealing as well I have to say- it is very aesthetic and vibrant.  

LINKS: 90 days of Different on GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34332334-90-days-of-different?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=wOiispwlZW&rank=1   90 days of different on Amazon:  https://www.amazon.ca/90-Days-Different-Eric-Walters/dp/1459816730

You can also get the book at Indigo or online at indigo.com.  You can learn more about this book and the author by going to ericwalters.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start a Blog

Today I am going to be sharing tips for people that want to start a Blog.  Let's get going! 1. decide what platform you want to use to Blog: a few platforms for blogging are Blogger (the one I use), Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix. All links are posted at the bottom of the Blog for you to check out and review. 2. Writing:  One of my biggest tips for starting a blog is DO NOT WRITE AN INTRO BLOG.  Instead, write your first Blog about something you are interested in and want to tell other people about, or even just write a tutorial Blog.  Also, be patient- it may take weeks, months, or years for people to find you.  If you wish, you can also get a text editor such as Grammarly or Wordtune and I will link both editors at the bottom of the Blog. 3. Help people find your Blogs:  Make another social media account for you to share your Blogs on such as Twitter or Facebook.  This method helps- I use it all the time. 4. Comments:  If you would not like to ...

Book review: Two can keep a secret by Karen M. McManus

  I have waited so long for a chance to get my hands on this book as I have heard so many good reviews about it.  As soon as I heard about this book, I went to my library website to see if I could check it out, it turns out that about 7 other people had the same idea I did!  I was NOT going to wait about 7 weeks for that book so my original plan was to wait for the line out and request it when the book got a bit older, however, that was not needed because a friend happened to have a copy of Two can keep a secret and I borrowed it as soon as possible.  I am SO glad I read this book it is honestly one of the best mysteries I have ever read (along with Agatha Christie mysteries).  However, I am giving it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐out of 5 stars because the first few chapters were VERY slow let me tell you I was actually regretting getting this book but I powered through the lameness, and once you get to about chapter 5 things start to fall into place and get interesting (trust me!)....

Book review: Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner

Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner is a heartbreaking but fascinating memoir in which she writes about the connection between her and her mother, her youth, and the power of food and cooking. In the memoir, Zauner recalls treasured memories of her youth and describes her life in her childhood as a Korean American and now as an adult.  She also brings Korean dishes to life and describes the taste and smell of each and every one of the childhood Korean dishes she enjoyed and now making them as an adult to remember her mother who passed away due to cancer reasons.  Crying in h mart was one of the saddest memoirs I have ever read but in the memoir, you see what it is like growing up with a Korean mother and a Caucasian father and you discover traditional Korean dishes. I feel like you would understand the author's situation better if you were in her situation before or went through a similar situation as she did.  This book has funny and joyful family gatherings, grieving or...