Skip to main content

Easy Halloween party ideas for kids 👻

 NOTE:  I tried to make all party ideas appropriate for all ages!  Hope you all enjoy 🎃.

Idea #1- Decorate your own cupcakes or cookies:  This is a fun activity for everyone to have the opportunity to show off their creative skills.  You can buy or make your own cupcake or cookie bases and whip up the icing in separate bowls for people to choose from.  For more fun, put out some cute sprinkles!

Idea #2- pumpkin painting:  Get together some plastic pumpkins, acrylic paint, and sharpies!  Paint and design your own plastic pumpkin!   It can be done as an art activity or even as a challenge!

Idea #3- Haunted room:  Create your own haunted room wherever your party is taking place!  A good thing about this idea is that you can make it appropriate for any age.  

Idea #4-  oobleck: This is a good activity for kids, however, this is a messy activity, and a good space to make oobleck is in a bathroom or basement.  Get together some gloves, 2 cups of cornstarch, 1 cup of water, and food colouring (optional). Pour the 2 cups of cornstarch into a bowl, then add the 1 cup of water to the bowl, add the food colouring, and mix with a spoon or your hand.  You have the right consistency when you can form a ball with the oobleck and when you let go, it should melt.  To clean, let dry and wipe or vacuum.

Idea #5-loot bag ideas:  In loot bags, you can add candy (duh), mini stuffies or squishes, a pencil, a mini notebook, bouncy balls, or even a thank you for coming note!

I hope you enjoyed these ideas!  Tweet to @vlogs_diy to share your Halloween party ideas!

The basic life of me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to start a Blog

Today I am going to be sharing tips for people that want to start a Blog.  Let's get going! 1. decide what platform you want to use to Blog: a few platforms for blogging are Blogger (the one I use), Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix. All links are posted at the bottom of the Blog for you to check out and review. 2. Writing:  One of my biggest tips for starting a blog is DO NOT WRITE AN INTRO BLOG.  Instead, write your first Blog about something you are interested in and want to tell other people about, or even just write a tutorial Blog.  Also, be patient- it may take weeks, months, or years for people to find you.  If you wish, you can also get a text editor such as Grammarly or Wordtune and I will link both editors at the bottom of the Blog. 3. Help people find your Blogs:  Make another social media account for you to share your Blogs on such as Twitter or Facebook.  This method helps- I use it all the time. 4. Comments:  If you would not like to ...

Book review: Two can keep a secret by Karen M. McManus

  I have waited so long for a chance to get my hands on this book as I have heard so many good reviews about it.  As soon as I heard about this book, I went to my library website to see if I could check it out, it turns out that about 7 other people had the same idea I did!  I was NOT going to wait about 7 weeks for that book so my original plan was to wait for the line out and request it when the book got a bit older, however, that was not needed because a friend happened to have a copy of Two can keep a secret and I borrowed it as soon as possible.  I am SO glad I read this book it is honestly one of the best mysteries I have ever read (along with Agatha Christie mysteries).  However, I am giving it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐out of 5 stars because the first few chapters were VERY slow let me tell you I was actually regretting getting this book but I powered through the lameness, and once you get to about chapter 5 things start to fall into place and get interesting (trust me!)....

Book review: Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner

Crying in h mart by Michelle Zauner is a heartbreaking but fascinating memoir in which she writes about the connection between her and her mother, her youth, and the power of food and cooking. In the memoir, Zauner recalls treasured memories of her youth and describes her life in her childhood as a Korean American and now as an adult.  She also brings Korean dishes to life and describes the taste and smell of each and every one of the childhood Korean dishes she enjoyed and now making them as an adult to remember her mother who passed away due to cancer reasons.  Crying in h mart was one of the saddest memoirs I have ever read but in the memoir, you see what it is like growing up with a Korean mother and a Caucasian father and you discover traditional Korean dishes. I feel like you would understand the author's situation better if you were in her situation before or went through a similar situation as she did.  This book has funny and joyful family gatherings, grieving or...